We run an advice service for young people who are:
We can provide you with a 1-2-1 session with one of our advisors, who will find out about your circumstances and talk you through your options.We can also support you while you take the first steps to secure stable accommodation. This we do by:
- In need of advice
- In need of support
- Homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless
- Have family difficulties
Please note: our advisors can only link you to supported, temporary or emergency accommodation that is available and that you are eligible to access. Part of the 1-2-1 session will be looking at what options are available to you.
- providing information about hostels and other types of suitable housing
- referring you to hostels and shared accommodation
- helping you complete forms
- helping you with claiming benefit entitlements
- speaking to other agencies on your behalf
- introducing you to our other services, such as Training & Employment and Family Mediation
- signposting you to a range of external support services, depending on your circumstances
All our advisors will provide a non judgemental and confidential environment for you to talk about your issues.
Our Advice Drop-in Service is open on Monday - Friday between 9:00am – 12:15pm (noon). If you are new to our services and wish to speak to an advisor, please come along to our (for map and details, see below). You will be offered an initial assessment/ advice session with one of our advice team. When you arrive we will tell you what time your assessment will take place. You will be offered a confidential space to discuss your needs. While you wait you can use the computers and help yourself to tea and coffee.
Please note the Advice Service is available on a first come, first served basis and if all sessions are taken we may not be able to provide you with one on that day, so it’s important that you try to arrive for 9 am or as early as possible. If possible please bring along a form of ID and proof of income (letter of entitlement to benefits or a wage slip).
For more information please contact us.
Tel: 020 7278 4224
Download Advice & Assessment leaflet.